Friday, December 4, 2009

No ambition...no dreams...

What's up with all these people that have no desire to do or be anything?! Don't they realize that life is short and you can't go back? There are a million things I want to see, do and experience in this life and I know I'll run out of time.

I do understand "stopping to smell the roses"  or thinking in a practical manner but that doesn't mean to not dream and try for more. I think some people never had it in them. OR somewhere along the road they were forced or taught not to dream and strive for all you can. 
The Marine Corps for example: I Believe (just MY opinion) that in boot camp maybe, or as you are becoming a "Marine" they make your little boy, whimsical way of thinking seem unimportant and it dies! They wanna break you down and build you back up how THEY want you. That part of your care-free way of thinking is something to be desired! I understand that in order to have a successful military they need structure and down to earth people who will follow the rules. But you can still Color OUTSIDE of the Lines!

I guess it matters how dreaming and speculating about the "what ifs" effects you and your family. I like to wonder about what's next but I do it in a positive manner. I'm excited and happy for whatever the future holds for me! I know myself and I know all will be good! If your dwell on all that could go wrong, maybe you shouldn't....

That's my rant for now :-)

1 comment: