Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Am Grateful for Family!

It's the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and today I feel grateful. I am excited for Jeremy's sister and brother in law to get here, for one. I am also happy that I'm getting somewhat comfortable with spending the Holidays away. I get a little less lonely as the days go by. At one point, I thought I'd HAVE to make it home for every holiday (and some birthdays) as I couldn't imagine not sharing those moments w/everyone! It's impossible, now I know.
So, that just means inviting our family to come to us! And they are and I'm so incredibly grateful. It also means I can't take our time together for granted. These are the times that makes life so precious and wonderful. Spending time with my family is like soul food!!!!!!!

This is my 1st post on the blog and I feel a very fitting one!
One of my favorite quotes sums it up:



Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.
Denis Waitley


So let me know what about your family makes you grateful! I know at times this make take a minute to come up with something ;) but even at those times, there is something.

Share a favorite quote too!

1 comment:

  1. Here is a quote: the best of us can find happiness in misery. Courtesy of Fall Out Boy!

    ReplyDelete